Creating level floor over an unlevel concrete slab

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biomechanoid56

Reaction score
Hello,

We are remodeling our porch to make it usable all year round and one of the things we want to do is level out the floor. It used to be an outdoor porch before it was enclosed, and the concrete slab slopes slightly away from the house. And in some areas it slopes a bit more than others. We want to put a floor on top of this slab but we want the new floor to be level. What would my options be? One we considered would be cutting wedges to support the end farthest from the house, but we would like to avoid that as each wedge would have to be a different size. Another thought was to level the plywood by driving screws into on end, then drilling holes and injecting some sort of mortar, cement, or other hardening material in the gap under the boards. Does this sound feasible? and if so, what would be the best to use?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Consider using self-leveling concrete/mortar. I did that in the basement of my 80-year old house, prior to laying hardwood laminate.

Basically, you build up any large holes with regular Quikrete, then pour the self-leveling stuff over the top.

Here's a link that sort of explains how to do it.
How to Do Repairs With Self-Leveling Concrete | eHow.com

Latest posts

Back