Quarry tile damaged

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlc2052

Reaction score
I have a floor deflection problem that has caused a new quarry tile floor to come loose. :mad: It is in a wet environment so water is able to get under the tiles. I am repairing the deflection issues but how should I refinish the quarry tile and grout so that it does not let water through?

Any advise is much appreciated.

Thanks

Robert

Hello Robert:
If the tiles are comming loose you may have to take them up and relay them. Once the floor is stable you could re-grout the tiles, wait a week for complete curing and seal it with a floor finish. In our area Safety II is a good finish; it looks like the floor has been waxed and will need to be repeated about every 90 days but it sure makes a clean looking floor. Actually it will be even easier to clean with the sealer.
Merry Christmas
Glenn

I would add to Glenn,
I got the feeling you have a moister on your sub floors ( I assume it is cement floors), wet sub floor are No No to any type of flooring.

I never heard on that product Safety II, I will check it out, it sound like great product to have
Happy holydays

Latest posts

Back