Programmable Thermostat Reverting to 47 degrees, why?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1victorianfarmhouse

Established Member
Reaction score
I am trying to solve a problem at my mother's 1988 house with the programmable thermostat that was installed a few years ago along with a new furnace. I have no experience with the programmable thermostats. The house is up for sale as she is now living in a facility.

Basically, the thermostat is apparently reverting to 47 degrees when it gets cold enough for the heat to come on. A neighbor of hers said she reprogrammed it and it was working fine, but now it has gone back to 47 degrees on it's own in the evening. I've attached a photo from when this first happened, and from what the screen says, it is PM at night, and the temp should be at 65, but it is at 47.

It was the same last night. Since it again went to 47, I am thinking this may be a default of some type.

Does any of this make any sent to you guys who know this stuff so well?

Thanks!

vince
Naperville, IL

Therm 12-3.jpg

I believe if the control is set on the program mode, it will resort to whatever number is pre-programmed on the thermostat. Try taking it off the program or looking for the "hold" function, which will keep the thermostat set at any given temperature.

Latest posts

Back