Basement drainage system has water bubbling up

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trashywoman

Reaction score
I have a basement drainage system with a channel going around the interior of basement wall that channels any seepage to the sump pump. We are experiencing some heavy rain right now and in one corner there is water bubbling up out of the channel and coming across the floor. Some silt is also present.

Can anyone tell me what I can do?

Have you checked the pump? If that is working, you might see if there is a blockage in the channel.
Are there actually bubbles in the water, or is it just overflowing?

sump is working. The water is bubbling up over that little channel, actual bubbles, but not soap bubbles, that runs along the wall. I stuck a waterhose up the pipe from the sump but didn't see any extra water come out along the wall so don't know if that one went to that area. I then took the hose and squirted it down into the channel where it is bubbling and a lot of silt came out and the bubbling has stopped but it's also just drizzling outside now too. There is a small hole in the plastic channel where it meets the concrete. what can I plug that hole with now. water is coming out of it but greatly diminished.

I am going to bed and will vac up the water tomorrow.

thanks for responding!
Regina

Last edited:
side of the pump is a plate with pump info.

what size is pump ? brand name and model #? please

can you take a picture of pump pipng and trough

Back