Made in U.S.A.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did show us how they made the buklels with some guy loading the san in the molds bear foot and the dumping them while wearing that real heavy duty foot wear,

...we used to call them flip flops

Or JAP-SLAPS.

CHI-COM JUMP BOOTS

...or was that P.F. FLYERS... :confused:

Low quarters maybe?

I should probably rephrase that to say it would be nice if a company could make a product and not feel they need to lie or bend the truth in order to sell more products. Especially when the reality is that very few of us actually try and buy stuff made in our own country.

I see a made in America stamp and I tend to believe that item was actually made in America.

You mean like the item shown below?

I did some C.I. No-Hub work in my daughter's condo a few years ago and was using all CHARLOTTE. Everything was going great until I inspected their banded couplings closely and noticed MADE IN CHINA. Made an immediate repurchase of TYLER couplings.

FERNCO couplings from now on!

Valve- Motorized Ball Valve _1 - 2 Way DC 12V-24V.jpg

The company that’s not the company that has their name on the belt replied back. With a form of all the information they need to understand the problem they have that I clearly explained in the letter I sent them along with a photo. The first thing they asked for in replying to my letter explaining the problem was if I could explain the problem. Then they say if you could provide a photo that would really help them track down the problem. Lol You mean a photo like the photo I sent.

Did you notice the post mark? New Delhi maybe? :rofl:

This morning when I couldn't sleep I was browsing around social media. Everyone on the left was complaining about the proposed 20% tariff on imported goods from Mexico to pay for the wall. They were specifically talking about produce. They think we get most of our fruit there. Then it got me to thinking that these are the same exact people that last year were fighting to take all the water rights away from California farmers and did a good job at succeeding and getting a lot of farms to close down. When are we gonna learn to stop shooting ourselves in the feet? And why is it so evil to have things made in america?

This morning when I couldn't sleep I was browsing around social media. Everyone on the left was complaining about the proposed 20% tariff on imported goods from Mexico to pay for the wall. They were specifically talking about produce. They think we get most of our fruit there. Then it got me to thinking that these are the same exact people that last year were fighting to take all the water rights away from California farmers and did a good job at succeeding and getting a lot of farms to close down. When are we gonna learn to stop shooting ourselves in the feet? And why is it so evil to have things made in america?

It isn’t evil at all. It is what it should be.

What I want you to think about is that we are shooting ourselves in the foot as you say but it is not an accidental shot as that saying has normally been understood. Nothing that happens in today’s world and done by some of the “smartest” people around is an accident.

That I believe is why the pushback is so hard.

I don’t want Mexico to suffer. But they need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. We are close neighbors with Mexico, we run around the world trying to help every country there is. Why have you never seen the President of Mexico saying we know you have a huge problem caused in part by us. We are in over our heads down here we need your help for the good of both of our countries, asking the USA to come down there and help them clean up the drug mess. Our military would have that done in a month. Why haven’t you heard the President of Mexico say look we will stop these people crossing the border for you. In return can we figure out a way to let them legally cross over for some period of time and do the work your people don’t want to do and bring back some of the wealth in that way.

You don’t hear those things because they like it the way it is.

I agree Bud. They are all for supporting their citizens coming into the US by any means necessary and receiving all kinds of free benefits.

I have several Mexican Americans that work for me and I talk to them about Mexico all the time, the main reason that place is in the state it is in is because just about every elected official there is involved with the Cartels or some other scheme of ripping off their own people. You are correct that they like it the way it is, they have more than enough money and resources to fix it themselves but choose not to. My foreman has a wife and kid their that are working the proper way to get here (he also votes republican) he had to buy a piece of junk truck to go visit them because of the police there. Last time he drove his nice truck (2002 Chevy 2500) the police confiscated it and took it down to the chasis saying he could be a drug dealer because of his nice truck. Took him fighting like hell then paying them a couple grand cash to get it back. This was the police and not even in Tijuana but further south where things are supposed to be better. It is a very corrupt country and I am shocked when I here people don't want a wall, it seems that Americans are willing to invite crime, drugs and just plain bad people here becasue they don't want ot stop the good ones. It would be nice if we could all work together and I think that Trump is kind of forcing that and build a wall and make a proper way to get here just like you have to from any other country. Mexico says it does not like walls but they forget about their southern border and what they do to people that come to their country illegally.

You mean like the item shown below?

I did some C.I. No-Hub work in my daughter's condo a few years ago and was using all CHARLOTTE. Everything was going great until I inspected their banded couplings closely and noticed MADE IN CHINA. Made an immediate repurchase of TYLER couplings.

FERNCO couplings from now on!

Remember Tyler is doing a lot of import parts now. Most of my China pipe fittings come from Tyler.

Also every year Immigrants are sending about 120 Billion dollars out of our economy back home and Mexico is getting about 24 Billion of that per year which I would only assume has to be helping their economy one way or another?

You guys wanted a big shake up. Find a seat, buckle in, enjoy the ride.

I'm ready for it! some say its going back in time 100 years. I think that is what we need right now. Our government has been writing checks we can't cash for far to long, we need to sit back and reevaluate the situation and put America first for a little while. There is no doubt the progressives will take over again in the future but without this balance this country will likely fail.

I'm ready for it! some say its going back in time 100 years.
Pick a date.
The rest of that you don't have enough facts to talk about trade.
Why is multi national deals better or worse than bi lateral.

Why was Mexico added to nafta later.
Why was China left out of the TPP

Don't listen to the BS.
When Trump is serious he will follow the law.
Article 2205 of NAFTA enables any member to withdraw from NAFTA six months after giving written notice to the other parties: “A Party may withdraw from this Agreement six months after it provides written notice of withdrawal to the other Parties.”

Thanks gavin for the reply, you are right about the size of the hooks. I have searcht the forum for information about the size but I couldnt fint any, so I have made them by eye of the pictures I could find. But next time I will go for a smaller eye of the hook.

Im big on buying American. As a guy that has spent a large portion of his adult life working in manufacturing (other than time in the military and the oil patch) I like to support folks like me.

But I also learned long ago that producing cheap stuff is how companies make their money now. Both American and foreign companoes try to sell volume not quality. Well at least in terms of "small" purchases. So if you find a company that produces a product that meets your quality expectations at a cost you like then please support them. Maybe we can eventually have good quality stuff again.

Last edited:
Back