Remember fiber board? Can u buy it now?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EDW

Reaction score
YEARS AGO ther was what i called fiberboard .. it was used on interior walls and ceilings ... sold in 4 x 8 sheets and 24 x32 or 32 by 48 sheets packed ten to a pack wrapped in paper.
it was light weight came in half 3/4 and 1 inch took a nail easy.was prepainted. took paint well.. had goood acoustical properties.......Now i d like to buy about a 1000 feet of it to do a basement celing .. but i cant find it any where... does it still exist??
this is not what i called fuzz board that was used on the outside as sheathing. now its called sound board. its brown has a coat of tar on one side.. and stinks if u use it inside unless u cover it with drywall or plywood.....
i want to do the ceiling with somthing light weight that i can paint... i dont like accoustical tile ,, its brittle and ugly and i hate messing with that t bar metal that hangs it... i was lookin at rhino board and gator board but its real smooth and hard so its gonna have bad accoustics.,,
i want it in 48 by 32 or 24 by 32 so i can put it up with nails by myself... i ll cut it if i have to out of a 4 by 8 sheet

We still use it in roofing as a substrate for single ply membranes and is available at roofing supply houses, usually about $9.00 a sheet for 4v8.

Back