Nothing better than....

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing better than,

Deleting someone’s first post.

kicking back on the porch with a good friend, good scotch, good cigar and good conversation

I don't have a cell phone but from what I can tell no one is happy with the plan they have it for a while, doesn't seem to matter who they are with.
When we had one land line company they were regulated, we complained but we never felt like we had a worse deal than all our friends. Now they are free to just rip people off as much as they want.

Verizon has a plan called new every two so every two years you can get a new phone at a discounted rate so a new 700 dollar phone would be 199. I did it online and they had a banner that said they waived the new phone charge (Because you know they have to charge you to hook up the new phone too) I added it to my cart and then I notice my monthly bill went up by 20 bucks. I did the math and my new discounted phone after these higher monthly charges would be the cost of the full price phone. they have three options for buying, one is 28 dollars a month for two years plus the 20 a month added to my bill and the next was buy the phone outright for 672 or whatever it was and the next was buy the phone for 199 with a new two year contract which is what I normally do thinking I am getting a deal but then they raise your monthly to cover the cost of the discount so in reality there is no discount. I backed out and decided I would milk my phone until it died. It's not worth 700 dollars to have a new headache for a few years.

Back