Different design of window in a home

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reysmith

Reaction score
This is more a style/redesign question than a how to ask. We are in the procedure of having our windows changed in our house. First off, we have 10 - 46" rectangle windows in our house. We initially placed the transaction for dual set up windows for all of them. However, we were informed nowadays, after putting this purchase about 4 several weeks ago, that we can not have this dimension screen in our rooms, which are all on the second floor of our house and that we have to have slider because of the control. If we don't substitute those with sliders, because of control, we'd have to have a bigger screen, which would need a bigger starting being designed for each of the three rooms.

The sliders can be grandfathered in because that's what's in there now. So, we can't have a design modify without splitting code controls. We'd still really like to have the dual set up windows set up on our primary ground, but seeing we are needed to keep the design we have upper level as the slider, we'll just have to do what we have to do.

My doubt is this: Style vs. design, how typical is it for people to have two different designs of windows in their homes? Or getting services from a American Choice a good one.

Significance dual hung on one ground and sliders on the other floor. I seriously do NOT want sliders throughout my whole house, but will believe the fact that protection first when it comes to the rooms. I don't think it would look bad or unusual, but that's just my viewpoint.

Ideas? Opinions? Thank you!!

Welcome to the site.
In new houses they try to keep windows all the same styles but sometime for egress for bedrooms window types are changed, I have never heard anyone complain.

I am having trouble in understanding your post. The english is a little rough. Let me try to rephrase the problem and you can tell me if I understand correctly.
You want to have double-hung windows on both floors of your house, but you have sliders now. The contractor is telling you that he cannot change the upstairs window because the dimensions (sizes) are different. So he has to replace the sliders with new sliders. Are you saying that this is because of building code?

it would not be bad style to have one kind of windows on the first floor and another kind on the second floor.
Is American Choice the name of the window manufacturer, or the name of the installation company? I have not heard of them before, so I cannot comment on them.

Back