In wall heaters

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzedhornet

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am a newbie at home repair and to this forum.

My home has in wall electric heaters. The three bedroom heaters run off a dedicated circuit (two 20amps). All three rooms stopped working at the same time. The circuit was not tripped. I took the thermostats off and connected a multi meter to the bear wires, no voltage (well it reads 6 volts). I replaced the breaker(s) and still have no power at any of the thermostats in the bedrooms. All other circuits in the home work fine.

I had an extra thermostat in the house and tried replacing one with the extra one as well. Could I have swapped the polarity and caused a dead short? I would think if I had caused a dead short it would have tripped the breaker, but the breaker hasn't tripped at all throughout this exercise, either the old or new ones breakers.

I am stuck, can anyone help or point me to a thread that might have the answers I am looking for? I did try a search but I am afraid I didn't use the proper search terms as nothing came back that was useful.

Thank you!

You have a bad connection somewhere. Remake all the connections in all the heaters. If that does not do it check the connections in the breaker box. BE CAREFUL.

Back