New home owner looking to fix plaster

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacotac

Reaction score
Hi all,

We just got our first home in June. Since then, when I put up a shower curtain rod, I had to adjust it, but when I went to loosen it up the plaster on the wall had cracked where I had put it before. Ugh!! Also, today I went to remove a 3M sticky from the wall in the kitchen & the plaster chipped off there too!! :( I have no clue how to fix this, but I would like to know how. The prev. home owner left us the paint they used, so that is great. I figured I should use some of that plaster patch stuff & smooth it out, add primer & repaint, but how do I match that sand texturing the plaster has, after I smooth the surface? I am new to all this so I have no clue what to do. Thanks!

Here is the aftermath from today after I removed the 3M.

1509140_859787114418_178085212_n.jpg

Here is one of the spots where I had placed the shower curtain rod.

1390695_859903381418_903912252_n.jpg

Welcome to the site, I would sort of fill it and prime it and then ply with the texture and see if you can get close, sometimes this stuff was put on with a small corn broom where they dipped the broom in filler and flicked at the wall. You could just try it on a peice of plywood or something until you have something that would be close enough. Keep in mind after it is done you will see it every day but others likely won't notice.

Back