I have a moral dilemma.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what causes me to think, is you said they do not need the money.

it is my understanding go fund me is or those who need help .

so, for them to ask for money, is really rather tacky and gauche

throw that bbq and take pictures lol

Funeral homes do take advantage of people grieving especially if the family feels shame and guilt over losing some one to drugs,
. And before he died he likely made their lives miserable too.

what causes me to think, is you said they do not need the money.

it is my understanding go fund me is or those who need help .

so, for them to ask for money, is really rather tacky and gauche

throw that bbq and take pictures lol

It is and they are. the part that bugs me the most is the huge party on a yacht that they are throwing as a memorial. I am glad I will be out of town and have to miss it.

Funeral homes do take advantage of people grieving especially if the family feels shame and guilt over losing some one to drugs,
. And before he died he likely made their lives miserable too.

I paid to have my mom cremated and the funeral home expenses. Cost me 4-5k. They are asking for 6k. Before he died not one of these grieving people would take 30 seconds out of their day to talk to him. He was the "Loser" and "Druggie". His dad was the only one that really cared for him but even he wasn't around because his wife (My Wifes aunt) Didn't want to deal with a druggy or go out of her way to try and help. I don't know his mother but he lived with her most of the time. I would see him at christmas every other year or so and thats it. I didn't really know him but I did relate more with him at these parties then most of the family.

I told them I am looking into giving it up and leaving the state as the money to me is not worth the headache, stress and time I have to put into it and they just about flipped out. They couldn't understand that money means very little to me and as long as my bills are paid and my family is feed I am happy. I really do miss when I was younger and had to get creative with my projects and now I just buy new, kinda takes the fun out of it.

They are typical California, keeping up with the Jones and trying to look wealthy even if you are not. To most here money is what makes the world go round. I'd rather have a BBQ and a cold beer with some friends.

Having just come back from a small vacation to the lovely California, I can say it costs a lot of $ to do anything there. Well worth it to visit but I don't think(even with our combined income) we could afford to live there. It is a beautiful place though.

Back