A good gun for a FIRST TIME user, never shot before.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree Beechguy. It all comes down to training , or lack thereof.

Practice - practice - practice!

I don’t have a problem with anyone killing another person if that other person has broken into their home. In my mind there are a few ways to go, you can go to where they are flip on the laser and take a split second before you kill them if they need to be killed and then pull the trigger. If there are more than one the second one may run or return fire so hopefully after killing the first one and the return fire from the second you have time to relocate then kill the second one. The other option would be to announce you are locked and loaded and any movement to your location means death and the police are coming. Then hunker down and wait. I guess the main thing would be to do what is the safest thing for you and your family as life is more important than property. The other aspect I would think is the main cause around where you live for someone entering your property. Where I live if someone entered it would most likely be someone looking for drugs, alcohol or money and the person would likely be a kid. The trouble is you only get a split second to figure that out before you kill them.

That’s the part of the training that is past the actual operation and handling of the firearm. Assessing the whole situation and then following thru on the plan without accidently harming someone else that’s home.

I think that’s my point how does one “Practice” for the situation beachguy described. I know law enforcement has all kinds of mock training and then they are exposed to that level of stress daily. The average guy taking his wife to the range a few times and some firearms safety classes wont get them ready for that.

I agree I like my odds better with a gun in my hands, but on the same note having it in my hands and in that situation is going to be much different than one first thinks it will be.

Even trained shooters can't duplicate an actual hostile event. Even trained shooters can get brain body disconnect under a life or death struggle. Look at how often you see a situation where a cop or cops fires 18 rounds and the perp is just shot in the leg and he was 20 feet away.

Latest posts

Back