Toilet leaked for a week, now stopped, do I still have a problem?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anabelle

Reaction score
Hello - I have a back outlet toilet that accumulated water underneath for about a week. It was very slowly accumulating between the toilet and the floor and eventually leaked outside of the toilet perimeter onto the floor, but nothing that a small rag wouldn't handle. The super checked the water source and it was dry so he concluded it's coming from underneath, where the seal is, and that I need to call the plumber.

That was a month ago. It just stopped on it's own.

Should I still get it checked by a plumber? I don't want it to start acting out when I'm away or having a party...

are you sure it's not condensation. If the water is cold and the room is humid, you will get what appears to be a leak. If it is condensation, and it bothers you, you could get a low wattage submersible aquarium heater and put it in your tank. this will stop the condensation

are you sure it's not condensation. If the water is cold and the room is humid, you will get what appears to be a leak. If it is condensation, and it bothers you, you could get a low wattage submersible aquarium heater and put it in your tank. this will stop the condensation

The tank is usually dry, and the water was clearly coming from underneath the toilet. It's also a power flush toilet, if that matters.

you said back outlet? 1 of 3 things

condensation
gasket
busted bowl

Floor outlet back outlet. Doesn't matter pull, inspect and replace. Won't know until it's pulled.

Check the bolts that hold the tank to the bowl. The nuts may not be snug enough.

Latest posts

Back