electric wire decorator conduit

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analogmusicman

Reaction score
I'm looking for some kind of conduit that would run on the upper wall near the ceiling and would look nice (as nice as such a thing could be I guess) I just don't know what to look for online. something that would contain "romex" would do. I think running regular conduit would look like horse-poop!:)

tnx,

I haven't seen the episode of ATOH yet it is on the DVR, the product I linked to does say low voltage. I think ATOH had one that was OK for line voltage too. Not sure though. I looked on their web page but could only find products from TOH not ATOH.

In my home theater I had bunches of cables and wires I needed to run around the room for the projector and speakers. I wanted a wire race way I could access any time to add or replace cables as needed. All my equipment was located in one tall stacked built in. I made my own raceway all made from regular lumber yard moldings and trim strips that I put up one piece at a time building out from the wall. it is open at the top. My ceiling in the room is flat black and I painted the raceway to match the ceiling. The last thing I added was a rope light and it adds a nice effect as a up light.

Here is a sketch of kind of what I built. This was my original plan but I simplified it a little.

At my old house I did a crown almost like this in the kitchen I didn’t want the same old building center crown everyone else had. That one I didn’t need any wires so I just used trim pieces to make a crown. The more shadow lines the better.

Crown Detail1.jpg

Back