Strange loss of water pressure

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avlisad

Reaction score
I say strange because if I turn the faucet past a certain point I hear what I can best describe as a clicking noise and a sudden drop in the water pressure. This has been happening for a while now. It's the cold water in my kitchen sink. The hot water side is just fine.

In order to achieve the max cold water pressure possible, I have to turn the knob back and then forward slowly, trying not to pass that clicking point. And even at that pressure level, it's nowhere closse to what it used to be.

Any ideas??

Single handle faucet or double handle faucet?
Sounds like the issue is inside the kitchen faucet. You should be able to break it down and replace the valves in it. Short of that, just replace the faucet.

Avlisad:

If I had to guess, I'd guess that it's a loose bibb washer.

Your best bet is to shut off the water to the faucet and take the cold cartridge out. Simple inspection should reveal the problem. If you don't see any problem, I'd just go ahead and replace that cold cartridge. Depending on who made the faucet, you should be able to find a new cartridge at most home centers.

Back