Hello

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish75

Reaction score
HVAC tech from Fort Worth, TX

Got a buddy selling his house and the home inspector asked that the water pressure be raised from 55% to 60. Code is no higher than 65% so since I am doing some other minor fixes I wanted to see if someone could help me out and tell me if this is correct.

Loosen the retainer, or lock nut, on the stem. Increase the water pressure by turning the pressure adjustment stem clockwise. Most manufacturers' pressure settings are 45-55 psi. Residential codes normally stipulate a limit of 50-70 psi. You won't be able to raise it beyond that standard.

Welcome to the site. I think it will adjust to well past legal limit.
If you don't get the answer here post a question in the plumbing forum.

You understand the mechanics of turning up the pressure. BUT, you need to know how high before you cause problems. You need a pressure gauge ... readily available at Home Depot and not expensive.

Here is a video that shows you how to use one.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPUqcYCbYjA[/ame]

Not sure if any one can tell the difference betwenn 55psi and 60psi ... but its OK. I would not go higher due to possible damage to sprinkler, faucets and washers.

OH ... welcome to this crazy site. A lot of great people here. Remember to post pics, explain your problem, and (as wit Facebook) provide "Likes" to people who do their best to help you. :D

BULL.jpg

Welcome to the forum! looks like you already got some good advice!

Latest posts

Back