Electric service pole bent

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airfrm

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have an issue with the electric service going to my house. We had a bad storm the other day and I noticed that the pole on the house where my service comes in has moved. See the pictures I have attached. I am trying to find out if I can repair this by placing a cable from the top of the pole and anchor it to another section of my roof to help hold this up or is there another way of repairing without replacing the pole.

IMG_4809.jpg

IMG_4808.jpg

Not anymore. That is why it happened, a tree branch fell and hit the wire.

does not look like the pole is bent to me.
it does look like the flashing is cocked up on one side.
go up on the roof and try pressing the flashing down
i can almost guarantee your roof i leaking at the flashing

IMG_4808.jpg

I'd just get up on the roof and start removing some of the shingles to see if there any sheathing damage, and fix what's there and not mess with the pole at all.

I'd just get up on the roof and start removing some of the shingles to see if there any sheathing damage, and fix what's there and not mess with the pole at all.

zackly.........

A guy wire will help secure it but it is also less than a 20 dollar repair if you do it yourself, I just did two in the last month. Call the power company and have them pull the power and then pull the Rigid pipe and replace and have them hook it up, simple. On yours though I agree with frodo and I don't think it is bent, I think it might have just shifted in the hole cut in the roof and made the flashing crooked.

A guy wire will help secure it but it is also less than a 20 dollar repair if you do it yourself, I just did two in the last month. Call the power company and have them pull the power and then pull the Rigid pipe and replace and have them hook it up, simple. On yours though I agree with frodo and I don't think it is bent, I think it might have just shifted in the hole cut in the roof and made the flashing crooked.

the reason the pole is shifted and the flashing is cocked sideways is the
support cable for the power line is tied to the pole instead of bolted to the building.
the op stated they had a bad storm, I think a limb hit the wire and cocked the flashing.
have the power company reattach the cable to the house using a lag eye bolt

Out here if the mast is less than 24" from the roof than you aren't required to have a guy wire, probably the same there but that doesn't mean you need one or shouldn't. Likely it would have damaged that too if a branch fell on it.

Latest posts

Back