Solar tube lighting

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgibson

Reaction score
curious to hear any reviews/testimonials. i am having quotes from Solatube and Velux brands - any opinions? i figured i would rather pay a bit more and have good warranty backing as opposed to the DIY home depot variety. something just tweaks my stomach when i think about cutting a hole in my roof.....ouch! :eek:

dcg

I have one in my bathroom with a light kit and vent kit. I had it professionally installed in October. I did it because I am changing my bathroom look to a cleaner simpler more streamlined style. I like having the vent and light in the same fixture. I also like not having to turn the bathroom light on during the day. I don't get a huge amount of bright light...it's basically like a window.

I've had some condensation issues when the weather gets really cold. Basically the moisture will drip a little bit if I don't remove the diffuser and wipe off/out the water. Only happens when it's REALLY cold.

Overall I'm happy with mine. It's an aesthetic thing for me not an energy conservation thing. A light bulb draws such a trivial amount of electricity that there's no roi not having to turn the light on during the day.

Brand I have is natural light. Velux is good too and I would have considered them if they had a bathroom vent kit option.

The only warrenty issue would be if the roof leaked. There's no moving parts, install is DIY 101 there's really nothing to warrenty.

Latest posts

Back