DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > attempt to fix loose toilet only made it worse

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:36 PM  
aNYCdb
Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 17

That is pretty surprising to hear, everyone always such great things about Toto toilets and generally most of the things you have described I would have expected to last much longer than you described. That said the interesting thing about "high end" fixtures is that they break in new and interesting ways. I'm a simple man I put in Moen Shower/Tub Controls (posi-temp) and Cadet 3 toilets (American Standard).

All that said I would probably consider having the water tested, as most of the parts you describe corrode with acidic water, calcify in hard water, and deteriorate in highly chlorinated water.