glass block window

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notaplumber

Reaction score
I'm going to be doing my first glass block installation as part of a master bath remodel, and wanted to check a few things.

The plan is to install the block so it is flush with the finished interior wall (the outside will have a sill and be trimmed out consistent with other windows in the house). Does anyone have any suggestions for making the transition from tile to block on the inside? I'm thinking that the block will be flush with the drywall on the top half of the opening, and a bit recessed from the tile wainscoting that will surround the lower portions of the opening. I'll use bullnose tiles around the block to make the transition. Make sense?

Any other suggestions for working with the glass block? Thanks!

I would skip trying to make one and just buy an Acrilic block new construton window so it's 100% water and air tight, if there's already a window there they sell Acrilic replacement windows that can be installed in about 1/2 hour.
Windows are installed flush with the outside not the inside so there's no ledge or sill to leak. The inside will need jam extentions made from 1/4 tile board then tiled over.

Back