New heat/ac ducts

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipcgraves

Reaction score
Great resource...how I can find the answers to my questions. I am adding new ductwork into a garage remodel/ new den. The question is where is the best place to locate my two new registers to deliver the heat/ac into the room? It seems logical to put them towards the center of the room...but the rest of my house seems to have them located along the outside walls...thanks for any advice!

Heat ducting is usually located under the windows within a room at floor level or in the floor. Heat rises and windows are the coldest area in a room. If you have Air conditioning the return ducts would be located near the ceiling to draw the cold air up through the room and back to the furnace. Of course alot depends on what you have available as far as location.

Hello Skip:
Daryl is correct in saying put them near the windows. Just one more thought; we cover windows because they are a major heat loss, it is just as logical to place one near any outside door also.
Glenn

Latest posts

Back