over stove pot faucet. worth it?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philphine

don't give him tools!!!
Reaction score
let me say i'm not a chef. the most i'd probaly get out of it is making it easier to boil hotdogs.

anyway. i need to do some work in my bathroom. depending on what i do and how, i'll be able to add one while i do the work (or have it done more likely). if you were able to look through my bathroom wall into the kitchen, the oven sits about bettween my bath/shower and the bathroom sink.

so if it's easy to add i may try it. the things i'm considering are, the cost of buying the faucet, how hard it would be to add as mentioned, and thinking it's just another thing to potentially leak or break.

but it just seems like a neat thing. maybe i've watched too much hgtv though. what'll y'all think. thanks.

I installed one and absolutely love it. It is especially good for filling water bowls and buckets of water because there are no restrictions on the nozzle.

Now if they could just find a way to drain a pot of hot water they would have something.:beer:

I just remodeled my kitchen and I had no desire for one. I kind of think like Neil you still have to lift the pot off the stove when done. I found new (at least to me) gadgets I liked, one was a sink faucet that pulls out and is the spray wand. It has a stream and also a shower setting. I love that thing for filling a bucket or a big pot. I’m the type person that rinses a pot out before filling so that would not work with over the stove. The thing I added I like the most is a second mini fridge under the island for wine and soft drinks.

Everyone is different and if it’s something you like and you can work it in easily and it doesn’t interfere with the hood and such go for it. I like to fry my hot dogs.

We'll, I guess this is why they make different cars with different colors. I like hot dogs about any way their cooked. ;)

i don't really cook hot dogs that often. i was just giving a level of my culinary skills, in relation to having a fancy cooking faucet.

thank's all. i think i'll let the idea fester some. at least up to the point i'm actually onto the other work that needs doing.

Now if they could just find a way to drain a pot of hot water they would have something.:beer:

that was one of the things i was kind of wondering. like i said. i've only seen stuff like that on higher end tv shows, so i don't know what else might be involved. like if there really was a drain of some kind needed.

The place I see them is at the Chinese restaurant over the wok. That seems logical as they are trying to steam food and have to keep adding a splash of water.

As to hot dogs the way I prefer them cooked from best to worst is: on a stick cut green cooked over a fire of drift wood along the bank of Lake Erie, cooked over a charcoal fire on a grate, cooked on a gas grill on the deck, fried on the stove top in a little butter, boiled in water, and lastly cooked in a microwave. And of course the world’s best hot dog is from Smith Provision of course in natural casings. I have converted 1000’s of diehard’s over.

http://www.smithhotdogs.com/

I remember when microwaves first came out....I was so excited to place a hot dog in that box, and watch it cook. I also didn't know that if you left a hot dog in a microwave too long, they will explode! :D

As far as a pot filler is concerned. No, I don't use my filler too often, but most Realtors will look at a pot filler as a "high" upgrade, and will give you a great added value on the house.

:rofl:

try to stay focused y'all. the threads about stove faucets. not hot dogs.

Well, if you fill the pot up on the stove or if you fill the pot up in the sink and move it to the stove, you still are left with a pot of water on the stove. Just sayin...

If it's handy to the water and you have everything open, why not?. Maybe not if the stove is on an outside wall if you are anywhere it might freeze.
If it was a great idea the stove would come with a faucet and hose to hook up. All the reasons you can think about way they don't come like that should be considered.

Neal, the reason why is easy, because I haven't done it yet. Actually now that stoves have electronics they'll never have it since electronics around water have to have special design criteria and certifications in the US but still a novel idea.

Neal, the reason why is easy, because I haven't done it yet. Actually now that stoves have electronics they'll never have it since electronics around water have to have special design criteria and certifications in the US but still a novel idea.

So without checking, this would be a good reason for it to be against code.

Latest posts

Back