Enjoy the holiday's it's cold out there

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inspectorD

Housebroken
Reaction score
Well today is christmas for some of us and it reminds me to do my good will towards all.
So the best I can do for you out there in the world is, to remind you of the importance of carbon monoxide detectors as the heating season goes full swing. :eek:
:( This ODERLESS and COLORLESS gas is a silent killer.
:) Please get a detector for all those you care about.
A realy good link for information is www.knowaboutCO.com
Good health to all and to all a great holiday season.

The Inspector ;)

Tis the season to read up again and tell folks new to the board. This important subject needs attention every year.

Happy new year!:)

Things I've done....

I have a gas hot water heater in my outdoor utility room. So, it got replaced, with a new gas hot water heater. The inside sheathing on the house side was redone in half inch cdx, and caulked. Two carbon monoxide alarms, one upstairs, one down. Two big RED fire extinguishers mounted on the walls, also one on each floor. Four smoke detectors with battery backup, on their own 15 amp circuit.

The only problem is, that this is the middle townhouse in a row of five and I'm the only one that did this.

That is being prepared.;) Everyone should also keep an updated fire extinguisher like you mentioned.
As far as your neighbors go, you can only lead a horse to water.

Good reminder. I also just became aware that smoke detectors should be replaced after 10 years, even if the test button says they are still good. I just bought new ones that have both the photoelectric and ion detection to detect slow and fast fires.

On a similar note, an easy DIY project is to install fire sprinklers in the laundry and furnace rooms if they are in the basement and you have water lines exposed overhead. I did this and get a discount on my home insurance, plus the security of knowing they are "on guard" when I'm asleep or away.

Back