roof caving in, what's the best way to deal with this?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jummyloke99

Reaction score
Hey guys depending on who you ask the attached pics might not look that bad, it's the roof in my back porch upstairs, but last week after i notified my landlord he came and checked it out, the complex association's maintenance man was there. They came back in the house and went out to the front which is upstairs,(i didn't go out with them) but someone in my house overheard them saying repairs like this would be about $100k to get fixed, big building 10 units upstairs and 10 downstairs. They told us make sure no one is out there just to be safe. several other apts in our have building have similar roofing issues

Well today the maintenance man came with a guy from a roofing company and he checked it out for like 5mins. They told

My brother who doesn't live with me, came by today and seen it, he is suggesting I look into to see if someone can provide for my family to live somewhere else maybe in a safer location until this is fixed, because when it rains water is coming inside, this could have something to do with the mildew smell I mentioned in my first post since it still comes and goes. I have my young nieces 5 and 13yr old living here also. What rights do we have as tenants as far being provided a safer environment and out of harms way, is this neglience?, who should we contact in this predicament? How long does a $100k roof job take to fix? We really don't know how severe this problem really is, I just don't want to feel that i'm being left in the dark by not knowing my rights? how does this work?

Thanks very much for anyone who has experience in this field

IMG_20160509_133610_248.jpg

IMG_20160509_133618_371.jpg

IMG_20160509_133628_512.jpg

IMG_20160509_133643_850.jpg

IMG_20160509_133652_668.jpg

IMG_20160509_133705_550.jpg

I would be asking for a place that doesn't leak or a termination of your lease and look at other apts. Just my 2 cents.

Tenant insurance would cover you if things go wrong in the building and you have to leave for a while.

Latest posts

Back