How to fix this kids chair?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raymondi

Reaction score
Hi can somebody help please. One leg has come out and I tried tightening the screw but they don't move. The screws are pretty rusted too. I can put the leg in and turn it and it seems to fit in place but when I turn it right way up it just simply drops out.

Please see the pics

any help will be much appreciated thanks

There don't appear to be any pics. But if the screws are rusted, I suggest removing them and replacing them with non-ferrous screws that are sturdy. Maybe stainless steel or galvanized or something. It's entirely possible that the screw hole in the leg might be sort of stripped out. You can take some wood glue and toothpicks to stick in to the hole, wait for it to dry, and then try putting the new screw through it. You might need to pre-drill with a smaller drill bit if the screw won't go in.

That is just my guess based on not being able to see any photos.

There don't appear to be any pics. But if the screws are rusted, I suggest removing them and replacing them with non-ferrous screws that are sturdy. Maybe stainless steel or galvanized or something. It's entirely possible that the screw hole in the leg might be sort of stripped out. You can take some wood glue and toothpicks to stick in to the hole, wait for it to dry, and then try putting the new screw through it. You might need to pre-drill with a smaller drill bit if the screw won't go in.

Hi thanks

Some reason the pics did not attach! I will try attach pics again today.

Some reason the pics did not attach! I will try attach pics again today.

Latest posts

Back