Tacos, BGs & baseboard oh my

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rokosz

Reaction score
One of my zones isn't circulating. Was fine a few days ago (zone not used constantly), been in service for 6 years.

Being somewhat ignorant I replaced the cartridge in the Taco 007. no change. disassembled it again and tested power to the impeller. aok. re-assembled.

Argo control board lights properly when the tstat calls, taco works. what the 'ell else can it be? Ahhh what about that red thing over there?

yes being somewhat ingnorant i thought the red thing was on the return -- not the supply. (esp since the tacos are warm/hot and that is not. I found a doc at Xylem/BG site for the flo contorl valve sa1 3/4 it shows an exploded parts diagram and talks about cleaning.

Does blockage/failure of the valve seem to be the culprit?
It certainly seems so -- no leaks anywhere, working ok a few days ago. Not a complicated installation -- But I don't have isolators on both sides of the valve -- so I'll have to drain -- not fun in the winter.

Anybody know why it would require cleaning? or have any pointers on the process? thanks, bryan

For all time, let it be known here:

A simple hammer (tap(ping)) on the illustrious BG Flo-control solved the circulation issue.

It kind of solved itself too-- I'd shut all the isolators (3 --2 @ return, one into the BG). Called for service. Open the balls, hit the stat -- and flow gently down the stream. Tech explained they usually give a shot or two with a hammer to the BG.

I'd begun the attempt to "rebuild" or at least clean out the valve -- but didn't like tugging on all that copper and stopped without even beginning to loosen the packing nut or plug. Tech poo-pooed attempting any removal of the plug or valve assembly.

I'd also tried turning the valve control open and closed a few times prior to isolating the zone.

so combo of isolation and valve or one or the other? Next time I'll try tapping it

Thanks for the Update!! It's good to learn something new.I mean, who knew you just needed a hammer to fix your parts....usually ends up with extra parts.:rofl:

Back