Water rusting fixtures issue!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gottodo1

Reaction score
Hello,
If you reference http://www.houserepairtalk.com/f33/tub-drain-rusted-through-18234/ you will see a picture of a 2 year old drain. It was so badly corroded that when I went to remove it, it broke in half after all 4 of the spokes broke off. That's 2 years... The house is 25 years old and when I bought it I had to replace all of the valves in the house with new ones. I installed a water softener inside the last year, is there anything else I should do. The test strips say it's set "perfectly" but I still have hard water stains forming in my toilets and faucets...

I was wondering (more information = more paranoia)... I don't have central air so I can't check the coils but I wonder if it it could be the sulfur from all the new drywall (that previous owner & I have) put in. I worked on a project where out-gassing inside a cab from a seat cover was causing electronics to fail due to this same issue...

Latest posts

Back