chiggers

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leal

Reaction score
Does anyone know what i can do for these dadgum things. Im sick and tired of them:mad: , there must be somthing i can do. Surrly i can spray something, or spred something in the yard. I have about 2 acres.

Guinea hens or chickens are best.;) This is what we do.
Or go to the local hardware store and try the latest and greatest chemicals...and hold your breath.:eek:

Dust your lawn with sulphur - keep your grass cut low - if you have bermuda grass, try to replace it with bug free St. Augustine. Also, make Avon's Skin-so-soft body oil part of your routine during the summer months. My husband attracts the little devils as though he is oozing honey but if he wipes his legs down with Skin-so-soft, he never gets a bite. The sulphur is an old-time southern solution and works great unless you are allergic to sulphur. We actually swallowed sulphur tablets when I was a child.:p Even now, I can walk through a pasture with johnson grass up to my waist and never get a chigger. If you are infested, take a vinegar bath to get rid of them.

Good luck!:D

Latest posts

Back