Calmedia GSR plus ?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey9626

Reaction score
looking for some feedback on iron filters. we have some serious hard water up here in my neck of the woods. i had a iron filter installed 5yrs ago . it is a greensand type . the largest one that was availible. It worked very well, but ive had to have it maintanced the last three years. the first time i had the plumber out to look at it he couldnt believe how clogged the valves were with iron deposits. anyway long story short he tested the water and suggested i replace the filter and go with a chemical treatment type of filter. ive been researching different iron treatment options and came across an article about Calmedia GSR plus. It sounds like an upgrade to what i have,but is it an affordable option? How long will it last and how will it affect the taste of my water?

I have never heard of Calmedia. We use MTM instead of Greensand. It works better and weighs about 1/3 what Greensand weighs. It can be used with Potassium Permangenate, Chlorine or Air. I prefer Air. The Air Pump we use is rather costly, but it sure takes a lot of maintenance away and your not injecting chemicals into your water. I do not like Chlorine which is what most water treatment types seem to suggest.

How much Iron do you have?

Latest posts

Back