Caulk all wood seams on windows?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

durbanww

Reaction score
I have pretty good seams on windows, I am wondering if they should have been caulked. If so i will do before painting. I live in lower NY state.

I know some areas i need to caulk but was wondering if the joints where i have the red arrows should be caulked?

Thanks~

IMG_3058.jpg

Any joints that can let water in should be chaulked except where the trim meets the siding below the window.
But this seems to be a different set up than most, we don't often see exterior wood trim right up against the glass.
Can you explain what we are looking at.

Any joints that can let water in should be chaulked except where the trim meets the siding below the window.
But this seems to be a different set up than most, we don't often see exterior wood trim right up against the glass.
Can you explain what we are looking at.

In that image the white is the wood trim and the dark brown on the inside is the Anderson replacement casement window. The windows were smaller than the originals so they were shimmed and then the space covered with the white wood.

I dont think water can get in there because the fit is so good but my idea is that paint wont protect it enough and after years the wood will rot from rain/Ice ...

Latest posts

Back