Looking at Buying Fixer Upper Need Some Advice

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you load you photos on your computer you can rotate them before you upload them and good luck.:)

I wish I could! Currently my computer is in storage until I move. So I'm doing everything off my phone and have been since October. :(

For some reason I can't down load them or I would fix them. But the house looks like it could be something.

Looks like a pretty nice place and the garage is worth the offering price.

If you have an iPhone they auto correct and turn the image on any apple device so everything looks good on your phone no matter how you hold it. Once the image hits the non-apple world they go sideways. I have a couple freeware programs that will flip video around.

I have a galaxy s5. Not an apple kind of person. This house needs a new furnace and ac unit before we could move in. Shingles are in the garage to finish the roof.

Now that I've twisted my neck a little; the house looks inviting. The interior's a little dated but not too bad. I kind of like that country look. Hows the plumbing? Electrical?

Good for you!!!!! I'm glad you fired everyone. Some people in banks,etc. just don't want to finance a house in bad shape because banks just don't like ending up owning houses. They're in the banking business--not the real estate business.

What's up with the agent? Why didn't she want to show you any more foreclosures???? Sounds like a lazy agent. She wants the easy commission.

When I was buying rental property, I went to the bank and sat down with the lending officer and had a nice conversation with him because they did not want to sell me this house that they owned. You might be surprised how willing a bank may be, if they feel comfortable with your level of commitment to remodel the house in question. They get a feeling from you as to how forthcoming you are and committed to hard work to turn the house around. By the time I was done talking with the loan officer, he gave me a COMMERCIAL LOAN on a RENTAL house!!!!!! This is just NEVER done!!! And on a house they AT FIRST did not want to sell to me. I was shocked. I turned that house into a very pretty little place that the bank never got back again under another foreclosure. So ask to talk with the loan officer--don't take "no" as a final answer, so easily.

Last edited:
Electrical is older but it's on a breaker system, the garage has fuses. I plan to rewire the house eventually. 3/4th of the roof was done only about 6 ft section on the back is still the older shingles. Going to remortar the chimney while we're up there. Replace windows with newer ones, floor in the bathroom and kitchen, going to put laundry in the bathroom where the linen closer currently is. And see about insulation in the walls. Lol sounds like a ton of work, but it won't all be done right away.

Back