considering some mod to regarding hvac will it violate building code?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gghrt000

Reaction score
I own and make payment for condo in california state. The condo bathroom has no de-humidifier so there is a concern regarding mold grow up also the rooms has resistance heater which I dont like as all kind of foul burned metal smell when turned on.

I am wondering if I do following mod-s to these will violate building code at all? Generally I own everything insie the condo anyways so presume these would be legal. But just wanted to ask here:

Install in-wall de-humidifier, when I check the store it looks like there are circuitries needs to be installed as well as it feeds into the escape tube wich also needs to be build into wall. My idea is protrude top section of wall in which run the tubes.

Same way for heating, replace resistance heating apparatus to forced air: install tubes around the top of ceiling or bottom (better since hot air rise) and make a protruding section along the wall to hide the tubes. So far I have no tangible plan regarding the electric circuitry, what kind of mods will be needed to convert from resistance to forced air.

Assuming the top of the wall leads into the attic, it would not be a good idea to direct the moist air from the bathroom into the attic.
Forced air heating requires a furnace or some kind of heat source.

Back