Attic mold?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesmal

Reaction score
Hello folks I'm new here. I am trying to see if this is mold growing in my attic. Its only on a few rafters. Cleans off easy and not spore like. and only on one side of my attic. I do not have outside soffits but I do have a ridge vent and gable vents. Both of which are clear and clean. I have no blackish type mold groth in the attic just this oin and in between maybe 8 rafters

sorry. ran short on time yesterday. like I said doesn't have the furry appearance of mold. and most appears like a look stain.

IMG_20150404_113643792.jpg

IMG_20150404_113636589.jpg

IMG_20150404_113334440.jpg

IMG_20150404_113343215.jpg

we've been here 7 years and haven't had a leak. roof was replaced before we moved in.

That is Mold.... be careful how you clean it up.
Look for the water issue first, or it will just grow back.
Is the roof leaking?, or is there a bathroom fan in the ceiling of this area...those are the first things to look at, then we look at ventilation, and water in the basement or crawlspace.
:welcome:

Post a photo of the outside so we can see if there is a way to get venting there. Gable vents short circuit the air to the ridge and is not moving the air out of the lower areas.
Clean this stuff with water and detergeint and ware a mask.

Latest posts

Back