Microwave thermal cutout - what is operating temperature?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
our GE model JES1142SP1SS microwave quit working. We opened it up and found the thermal cutout was bad. The part number is WB20X10051.
I guess the factory in China can't make them fast enough because the back-order keeps getting pushed out.
Any ideas on how I can find out what the operating temp is for this part so I can find an alternate?

Try registering and posting your question at www.handymanwire.com Jeff1 in the appliance section is very helpful. Give him the model number and serial number when you post.

Have you tried www.repairclinic.com for the part? I use them for appliance parts all the time, prices are good and service is fast.

Try registering and posting your question at www.handymanwire.com Jeff1 in the appliance section is very helpful. Give him the model number and serial number when you post.

Have you tried www.repairclinic.com for the part? I use them for appliance parts all the time, prices are good and service is fast.

Jeff1 is a member here and should be along soon.

Neal,
I didn't know that. He's a very helpful guy (and a fellow Jeff) so not a surprise that he's on multiple boards. He's helped me out a few times and saved me a lot of money on appliance repairs.

Back