Main Drain Backing Up

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, we are experiencing the same issues with the sinks not draining when the washing machine drains as well as when the kitchen sinks drain, but we don't have any trees on the property. Any suggestions?

Welp, I had this very same issue today. All the drains started to back up, 3 toilets, 3 shower drains, and it happen right after the drain cycle of the clothes washer. I went thru all the basic things, checked each area individually, tried liquid plumr, and then read this forum. I have a ton of trees on the property but the city just changed my sewer line when moving their wye in the line.

Long story short, I jumped on the roof with a shopvac and suctioned out the vent pipes and BOOM....clean and clear. All the drains are clear and flowing easy.

Not sure that this is your problem, but it was ALOT cheaper than paying a plumber. I did have to sanitize the pour shopvac thou!! haha

If the roots were the problem with it, auger and snakes won't be help. You must already call some professionals and re-line your sewer pipe.

Back