Recip saw

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I've used Milwaukee products for years. I only have one DeWALT and its a battery operated drill. It's pretty nice though.

Milwaukee has always been a contractors tool that will hold up to rough treatment. If this is for ocassional use go with the Dewalt, but if you are working with this tool daily get the Milwaukee.

It depends on your usage. If you are a homeowner DIYer or a daily contractor. Frankly, I buy my tools used on Craigslist and I have had success with several saw manufacturers. I liked my Porter Cable, Milwaukee and (now) Hitachi. The Hitachi is rugged and heavy. The Milwaukee is a great performer and not as beefy. They ALL do the job, so it comes down to feel and price.

I don't think you need to be a professional to appreciate the quality of Milwaukee tools. My Super Sawzall is more than 20 years old, but has always been a pleasure to use. Has a good heft to it, and the lack of vibration is almost amazing compared to others I've used (Makita, etc.). Even though there may be long periods of non-use (as in more than a year!), it's nice to grab it and attack any project without worrying about its dependability. Thing is bullet-proof, even though I often use mine to cut steel pipe and framing members with nails in them.

I've only had one DeWalt tool, a corded VS drill--it had a good feel, and worked well, but lasted less than 5 years before needing some serious attention. Tool repair place said the motor needed rewinding, and the chuck was worn out. They took it in trade towards a rebuilt Milwaukee angle grinder that was talking to me.

Anytime I'm looking to buy a new tool I go on Amazon.com and look it up. At the bottom there's reviews from people that have bought the tool or own one.
I would not choose Dewalt tools. That's all I used to own and there all in the trash now because they failed and cost so much to repair.
If I was to buy another sawsall I'd buy a Millwalke. Very tough tool to beat and they only make contractor grade tools, unlike some other companys.
A lot of times I've bought the tool from Amazon and got it cheaper and also got free shipping.
I've even bought a set of 24' pump jacks, saved $100.00 from my siding suppers price and they shipped them for free right to my job site.
And no I do not work for Amazon.

Hi Guys

Im am looking at 2 recip saws either a milwaukee or Dewalt. In you opinions which one is better. I like the milwaukee but it is alot more and didnt know of a lower priced dewalt would be a choice.

Here are the two

Milwaukee | Milwaukee 13 Amp Orbital Super Sawzall Kit With Rotating Handle | Home Depot Canada

DeWALT 10A Reciprocating Saw | Canadian Tire
I have always liked Milwaukee. I keep two of them in my work trailer.
The standard one is good for finer cutting because it slower and only a 3/4 stroke. When i want to cut fast large material i get the super out, faster rpm
and i think its 1-1/4 stroke?
And i also think i heard that Milwaukee was still made in the USA and i heard that Dewalt was not. Paul

Back