DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Electrical and Wiring > Shore power setup for commercial vehicle

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:51 PM  
DigitalBenny
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud16415 View Post
I just took a look at Hubbell and also Thomas & Betts water tight units that have a interlock and a disconnect as well as a coded voltage pin arrangement.

They make them and I have used them at work mostly for 440v cabling but they have them for all voltages they just use different pin locations in the plug.

They are not cheap though. Go to Granger and look around I think they carry T&B and see if anything looks like what you want.
Yeah... Not cheap at all!
Definitely nice connectors. I like the Russellstoll ones. As much as I'd love to use them for everything, probably overkill for my application.
I think I'd rather put the inlet socket of the vehicle behind a door to shield it from the elements both when used and when unused.
The "shore side" socket, I went with an outdoor style only because it's in the work area of my garage. But it is indoors. The cord is long enough for me to plug in the vehicle inside the garage or parked outside the garage.
Thanks for the input. The perfect scenario would be a pin & sleeve weather tight connector that ALSO had a power eject like a fire truck inlet... I'll stick with RV style. At the price savings I can replace it 10 times if it failed