Replacing Shower Faucet

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoobDude

Reaction score
Hello,
I am a first time home owner and have hit a snag in one of my projects. One of the faucet handles in our shower is broken and needs to be replaced, The home was built in the 1970's and I am having trouble finding a replacement. I am wondering if it was just going to be easier to upgrade the handles and stems because I can't find anything else that will fit. I also can not find a name on the handles themselves. Photos below of handles and stem. Any advise will greatly be appreciated.

Thank you

3-9-11001.jpg

3-9-11002.jpg

Take the other handle with you and look for handles that match the spline and have contours that will not interfere with the operation.

Thank you for the replay. The main issue I have is there was a plastic piece inside the handle that connected to the stem which is broken. So when the handle turns it does not do anything. I am thinking I have to replace the whole handle because I can not locate this broken connector. or is there another way to go about it?

Can't say for sure but, this is possibly just a nylon Nibco valve. Shut the water off and take the valve out and then go to plumbing supply store or big box store to find a replacement. If you can't find replacement parts then just purchase new.

Latest posts

Back