Do you know what kind of lock I need to buy for the sliding door on my aluminum shed?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guise

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have an aluminum shed with a sliding door on it. I want to be able to lock it and secure the door but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to do it. I have attached pictures for you to take a look.

I have contacted two local lock companies, one told me to send him pictures but after I did he never responded. The other told me to go to a couple of different farm hardware stores (i’m in the midwest). I did and neither of them knew what do do. On the internet I can’t find a solution. No pictures and I can only find lock distributers that will sell you a lock but no one can tell me what lock to get.

Thanks in advance for you help and ideas.

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

Last edited:
Good lord buddy. Based on your pics, all of your contents are going to fall out through your roof! I was going to recommend a hasp type of lock, but you got worse problems.

Gonna have to get creative on that one. Not many companies make locks for that set up. I suggest going by a steel fabricator, a guy can make a good set up to be able to lock it fairly cheap.

Get two eye bolts and drill two holes, one through the door, one next to it in the shed wall. Make a small steel backing plate or a couple large washers on both sides and tighten up the bolts. Get a bicycle lock and secure the shed. Done.

Funny Slownteady. I live in Iowa. These were taken a few weeks ago when winter was still hanging on. I found a few locks you directed me to that might work. Funny havasu. Those picts are right side up on my computer but for some odd reason they loaded upside down. Or maybe I live in China. I can’t believe they sell sheds like this but don’t make specialty locks for them. oldognewtrick you might have the winning answer. I’m going to look into that. Thanks everyone for your help.

Latest posts

Back