Should I renovate...?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jillkennedy11

Reaction score
I'm looking to renovate my small home in terms of aesthetic upgrades. I've been reading up on home improvement articles/blogs/you name it, but I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to spend money on projects within my bathroom and kitchen and hopefully make money if I plan on selling in the future.

I don't have a huge budget, so I'm not going to be tearing out my old cabinets and putting in new ones or adding a jacuzzi to my home, but does anyone know of the best small projects which can yield a high ROI? I was reading this article I found yesterday, 50 Ways To Increase The Value Of Your Home, and was contemplating a couple of the ideas like adding a new backsplash to my kitchen, a new island, and maybe making some upgrades to my shower/bath.

I had an inspector in about six months ago, so I'm fairly certain that I don't need any major repairs right now (like a new roof), but I would definitely like to add some character to my home. It only had one previous owner and is about 10 years old, so most appliances are in good condition just probably a little outdated. Any ideas?

I'm looking to renovate my small home in terms of aesthetic upgrades. I've been reading up on home improvement articles/blogs/you name it, but I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to spend money on projects within my bathroom and kitchen and hopefully make money if I plan on selling in the future.

I don't have a huge budget, so I'm not going to be tearing out my old cabinets and putting in new ones or adding a jacuzzi to my home, but does anyone know of the best small projects which can yield a high ROI? I was reading this article I found yesterday, 50 Ways To Increase The Value Of Your Home, and was contemplating a couple of the ideas like adding a new backsplash to my kitchen, a new island, and maybe making some upgrades to my shower/bath.

I had an inspector in about six months ago, so I'm fairly certain that I don't need any major repairs right now (like a new roof), but I would definitely like to add some character to my home. It only had one previous owner and is about 10 years old, so most appliances are in good condition just probably a little outdated. Any ideas?

Enjoy your visit.

10yrs. is still within an aesthetics era and either a prospective buyer will accept that as serviceable, or purchase with "their" upgrades in mind.

So, share your existing aesthetics, IE. counters, colors and floor coverings.

I skimmed the article, and it's the same old stuff that's always mentioned. Of course kitchens and bathrooms always rise to the top of the list. The fact is that you don't know what the future buyer is going to value or what kind of taste they have. So make improvements that you like and want to live with. And you never know, you may be in that house for a long time.

Back