No Warm Water

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mainic

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a problem with water temperature in my bathtub, I get Hot or Cold water but I am unable to find that happy middle ground we all like.

I have a three handle tub and shower set-up, I think a Pfister. Some of the parts are new, just had a plumber fix a leak a couple weeks ago and he went ahead and replaced the handles on the system, I don't know exactly how much he replaced.

A couple days ago I start having a problem where I can't get the water warm, only hot or cold. I did notice that I have turn the cold water handle quite a bit to get water to come out and that it will stop quite suddenly when I turn it back the other way, no slow down just a quick stop.

I've looked on line for some answers but have come up dry though I'm not even sure how to adequately describe the problem to get any help from Google.

Any thoughts?

The plumber may have changed the setting of the scald guard that limits the amount of hot water per the knob rotation.
I'd take it apart and see if everything was installed correctly.

I don't know of a scald guard on any Price Pfister 3 handle faucet.

I would suspect a loose washer or, a packing that is too tight, may be causing the difficulty with temperature regulation. I would call the plumber back and see if that was part of the scope of his work.

Been out of touch for the last few days with work and holiday stuff.
Thanks for the replies.

Merry Christmas

Hi Mainic,

We're sorry to hear about the problem you’re experiencing with our tub faucet and think we might be able to help. In order to address this issue our Consumer Service Team needs some additional information.

Please provide:

* The model number of the product. If you do not know this, please follow these directions: Pfister - Faucet repair
* Any other specifics on the issue you’re experiencing
* A method to contact you (ex. email, phone, etc.)
* Best time for contact (ex. mornings, evenings, etc.)

Please send this information to us at [email protected].

We apologize for your inconvenience and look forward to resolving this matter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

The Pfister Team

Pfister is a part of the Stanley Black & Decker Hardware and Home Improvement (BDHHI) Group.

Latest posts

Back