Ideas for transition

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like the perfect solution for my problem, nice find!

However, I came up with another possible solution which was to rip the bottom of the transition so that I could slide the entire piece closer to the ends of the floor boards in order to overlap. The lip of the transition that will fit over the flooring is about a 1/4 proud so I'd like to router it to curve the edge to make it less of a tripping hazard.

What router bit would you recommend?

tr2.jpg

tr1.jpg

That style of step was so common 100 years ago. (The sharp turn over the last 4 steps.) I had one just like yours in my old house on my second floor landing and the house has it going to the third floor attic. They don’t do this any more as it is a dangerous set up at best. You get used to it after a while knowing to use the outside of the steps. I would really try and keep transition to zero tripping hazard if I could. It is not like a regular step if you miss the first one and slip to the second with these things you go all the way to the bottom.

Latest posts

Back