Unsafe nails in garage

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STurner

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone can advise me on this problem?

Whoever built our garage hammered nails into the walls from the outside, so there's now dozens of nails pointing through the walls inside of the garage. If it wasn't for these nails, the garage would be a safe place for my two preschool kids to play in, but right now, it's too dangerous for them.

As the nails are helping to hold the garage together, removing them isn't an option. I thought about just hammering each nail upwards or downwards so it's flat against the inner wall, but I'm guessing there may be a better solution.

Any suggestions? I have basically no budget to do anything about this, so I'm looking for a cheap answer, ideally!

Thanks in advance!

Those nails are most likely siding nails, and bending them over is not really an option.
Cover the lower sections of wall with whatever you can find cheap. I have seen folks staple cardboard to the studs, and seen metal roofing just to keep kids and pets away. Be creative for now, and save some money for sheetrock or plywood later.

Thanks, I didn't really want to bend those nails, which is why I posted here! I'll see what else I can come up with just to cover the nails. Appreciate the reply!

Sheet rock is as cheap as you can get and not have to go back and replace it later.

Latest posts

Back