Paint color help

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TD1979

Reaction score
Hey everyone.I need some advice on painting a hallway/front room. The adjacent kitchen/dining room is a brick red(martha stewart BRICK HEARTH).I hear that dark colors are popular but with that narrow hallway I think it will look to small.Sand color carpet with taupe or tan walls and white trim are what I'm thinking. Any ideas or recommendations? preferably with olympic or valspar paint. Thanks.

By sticking with light walls and adding some wall art that ties in the deeper colors between the rooms you can carry the richness through that hallway. I very much like your idea of a light tan wall instead of off-white. Also, you could consider doing a unique painting technique like rag-rolling to mix in a couple of shades. Good luck!

I agree with ryans442, about hanging up wall art that can tie the colors together into the kitchen, and keeping a light color in the hallway will keep it looking open.

NOVA Pros

I think taupe is a great idea for your hallway. It really does work with peaches and reds. There's a Benjamin Moore color Wild Aster 1240 which is a nice light taupe/tan. Sorry not Valspar but maybe you can match it.

Have you thought about using framed photos with a wide white matte to provide some light and interest down your hall?

So did you get the hallway painted? I am excited to see the color you went by.Do post a picture when you get a chance.

hanging art is a good option to bring in lighter colors in a narrow hallway. Do you have the option to add additional lighting?

Denver Painters

It seem to be good. I am exciting to see its actual result. Please share pictures here when you accomplish you task. Thanks

I think all the colors look great! If you are the one that would have to re-paint you might as well let it be until you are ready to move in. Won't be much more work to paint it then, but until all your selections are in the color will keep changing to your eyes. Trim, flooring, and lighting all will make a difference along with your furniture and other stuff you will use to decorate with.

Regards,

Back