garbage disposal question

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rphw318

Reaction score
Hello,

We have recently moved into our house. I have a dual sink in my kitchen, and the pipes are connected to a single drain and vent. One side has an attached garburator. If the sink (with garb attached) has water in it, it sometimes gets blocked (likely food in there), but dislodges when I turn the garburator on. Problem is, this usually causes water+junk to come spraying out the other sink. Is this normal, or am I looking at another problem?

Thanks,

Russell

Last edited:
More than likely the tee that both sinks connect to does not have a baffle in it like it should directing the flow down the drain.

Your sink drain for both sinks may be obstructed as well.

Baffle Tee's are usually supplied with center and end outlet continuous waste drain kits.

Thanks Redwood.

I took off the trap, and it was free from significant debris, but definitely no baffle. I will look into that and try to put one in there.

huh- mine does the same thing. I'll have to look out for a baffle.

Thanks Redwood.
I went to the local big box store and the guy there just looked at me funny. Will go to a proper plumbing shop on the weekend.
R

Back