Linoleum flooring splicing.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smfdrf

Reaction score
Hi. First time posting. I found out today that I need to cut 12" from my flooring at the walls all the way around a 12'x20' room. The termite inspector needs to do his work. My problem is this, I just put this flooring down with new underlayment about a month ago. Is there a way to put this flooring back down and splice back together without the floor looking like it was slopped together? THis is expensive linoleum with a 15 year warranty and I hate to have to replace all of it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

A small place can be repaired or replaced if you have extra, but there is just about no way to repair that much area. If he insists on removing the Linoleum he would want the new subfloor removed too. Now, WHY does the inspector need the flooring removed? I have never heard of anything like this. He can inspect the floors from the basement or crawl space and from the foundation outside. I think you had better get another inspector.

PaPaDan,
Thank you for your reply. The reason that the floor has to come up is because the floor is elevated on 4x4s on a garage concrete floor. I only have to cut about 10-12" from the wall, then replace it when the bug man is finished. The bug man has to drill holes in the concrete and plug the area for stinking termites that have tunneled underground and gotten through cracks in the old garage floor! AAAHHHH! Let me say this, God must love me a lot because when I tried to pull up on the flooring, I was actually able to pull it up all the way around the perimeter of the room. The installer only glued about 8-10 inches around the perimeter. I guess that only being glued down about 5-6 months ago was easier to work with than 5-6 YEARS ago! Thanks for getting back so quickly. I know where to turn for help if I need it again. My lucky day!

Latest posts

Back