How to plug in this microwave through the cabinet?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerjohn1324

Reaction score
I know I need a work box in the cabinet. The space for the microwave is 18" tall, the microwave is 17" tall. The cord comes out of the microwave out of the top closer to the right side of the microwave.

0206181529.jpg

Imo i always mounted my microwaves to the bottom of the cabinet ran the cord thru a small hole in the bottom of the cabinet then plugged it in an outlet i had in the cabinet. i may be wrong the pros will be along and straighten us out. Also looks like you might need more counter top outlets Imo.

Last edited:
Imo i always mounted my microwaves to the bottom of the cabinet ran the cord thru a small hole in the bottom of the cabinet then plugged it in an outlet i had in the cabinet. i may be wrong the pros will be along and straighten us out. Also looks like you might more counter top outlets Imo.

Yea that's what I'll do.

The oven will come with a paper pattern where to place the wall bracket and the holes in the shelf for bolts cord and vent.

Receptacle in the cabinet above the microwave.

Those counter top receptacles look very high to me. I believe the max height can't exceed 20" from the counter top. Don't recall for sure as mine are never that high off the counter. Remember most cord and plug appliances used in the kitchen have a cord about 2 feet long, hence the code for spacing of receptacles. Placing the counter top receptacles that high will mean anything plugged in and sitting on the counter top will be very close to each other as their cords will not be long enough to reach the receptacle otherwise.

I would assume this is a complete remodel of the kitchen. Wondering why the range has a 3wire instead of 4 wire harness. NEMA 14-50R should have been used with at least 6/3 with ground with a matching NEMA 14-50P.

Latest posts

Back