Selling a home in this market?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dakuda

Reaction score
I am a couple weeks away from finishing all of the projects I have left. I am living proof that people wait, and 'live with it', until they are ready to sell.

Once I am done, the house is going up on the market. Has anyone sold their home recently? How long did it take to sell? I know the markets vary widely, but stories about quick sales will boost my mood.

This is my first home, so naturally it is the first time that I will try to sell it. Luckily, I don't have to sell it, I just want to.

The only good answer will come from your realtor, location ,location, location.:)
The thing you need to worry about, is what the inspection turns out like. Buyers are in the drivers seat nowadays and that makes for plenty of unrealistic wants. They want everything to be as perfect as a new car right out the door. The unfortunate thing is even new homes have lots of issues and folks do not always understand the character of an older used home.
Hope it sells quick, and with limited issues.:D

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, let's be realistic here.
Unfortunately, it's no longer so much the home but, the lenders. Nobody, wants to give out loans right now. Margine-wi$e, if you don't have to sell right now; don't.

A house here that recently sold for $200 sold for $132k

One house on our street they packed up & left. They called the bank & told them the house was theirs

Another house has been on the market for a long time
It was listed at $289 originally & is now down to $239 & not selling

Location,Location,Location is last year. Now its Price,Price,Price

But,
I recently worked on a property, It was purchased from a bank, we worked on it 14 days and it sold on the second open house 2 weeks later.

Tom

Latest posts

Back