Basement Wet Bar

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sats4eva

Reaction score
Hi guys, I apologize in advance if this has been posted elsewhere however, I couldnt find any examples that relate specifically to my scenerio. I am in the process of finishing my basement and adding a wet bar. I had a question on tying into the existing drain. The sink will be almost center to two existing drains. On the right is the drain from the kitchen sink one floor above. The distance from the p-trap of my new sink to the drain is about 58 inches. On the left I have the drain from my washer and dryer which is about 62 inches. You can see i've put a 1.5 inch abs pipe from my new sink to the drain of the kitchen since its a little closer. Nothing glued or perminantly set at this point. Both the kitchen and washer drains are also 1.5 inches. Picture attached.

Here are my questions:

1) Can I tie into these drains? if so do i use a sanitary T (pictured but not glued) or a Wye?
2) Can I wet vent into the same drain i'm connecting into? Branch vertical up from new sink drain into kitchen sink drain
3) What are other venting options?
4) Is there anything else I need to be aware of?

For info I live in Ontario, Canada.

Any help would be apprecaited and if I ca

image.jpg

your picture is so small i cant make anything out.

here is what i would do.
56" is to far, cut a 2'' tee in to the sink stack as low as you can get it.
run 2'' pvc to thre proposed bar sink, 90 up. install a 2x1.5x1.5 tee at 19'' from floor to center outlet
run the vent up to 48'' above floor. install a auto air vent.
do not bury the auto air in the wall. either

BasementBath.jpg

Attachments

• bathroom_layout_dims_door.jpg
    bathroom_layout_dims_door.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
no, either run a vent to the next floor to an elevation minimum 6'' above the cabinet top, beforing tieing vent into another vent

or use a studer vent....but, they have o be exposed for maintaince

Latest posts

Back