Hi, I'm Alex!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexEverette

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm Alex Everett. I recently turned thirty and for some reason just naturally started watching nothing but home improvement shows. It felt right. I am so enthralled with DIY and home renovation, and am excited to be a part of this great forum!

Hi Alex, quite a few of the guys here are hooked on the shows also. What you might find in real life is the helpers are not quite as cute or blond as on the shows. The other big difference is we just take a couple screws out of a kitchen cabinet and then screw it back up in the basement or garage rather than taking a sledge hammer to everything. What takes 30 minutes on the show takes 3 weeks in real time is another.

Welcome to the forum and what kind of projects do you have lined up?

Neal is on step 7 right now. :)

:welcome:

Hi Alex, quite a few of the guys here are hooked on the shows also. What you might find in real life is the helpers are not quite as cute or blond as on the shows. The other big difference is we just take a couple screws out of a kitchen cabinet and then screw it back up in the basement or garage rather than taking a sledge hammer to everything. What takes 30 minutes on the show takes 3 weeks in real time is another.

Welcome to the forum and what kind of projects do you have lined up?

Neal is on step 7 right now. :)

:welcome:

Hi Bud! I am trying to fix a nasty hump in my carpet, I think the padding underneath got bunched up. After that, I've drawn up plans for a bookshelf/reading bench that I want to build, and I need to figure out a way to hang all of my pots and pans up in my kitchen. There just isn't room for everything in there, and I'm not quite ready for a remodel. I'm thinking a peg board on an empty wall that's wasting space, because my cupboards are too old to find anything that matches. Maybe just maybe I'll be brave enough to re-do all my cupboards and add some to that space.

Back